February 24, 2011 I left my lovely small hometown to study in the giant and blustering city of Seoul, South Korea. The flight took about 10 hours and I arrived in the afternoon near nightfall. A girl from the university was there to pick me up, and we had to wait for others to arrive before we left.
The air was so cold and the cars of the city made it seem so alive and hectic, very different from my little town in Hawaii. Rolling my suitcase up the road, I finally saw the university that I'd be studying at: Ewha University.
I checked into my dormitory room and went out to dinner. Other than the bibimbab that was served on the plane, I hadn't eaten anything yet and was starved! One of the "Peace Buddies" that picked us up took me and a couple of others that arrived at the airport the same time I did. We ate bulgogi which came sizzling to table. The dish was accompanied with rice and a whole bunch of side dishes; the water was warm and even had barley in it. It was so delicious! I think I'm really going to enjoy Korean food, and hopefully lose some weight in the process!
No comments:
Post a Comment